2024 Application Timeline
- APUF application site opens: TBA.
- Pre-application consultation deadline: TBA.
- Application Deadline: TBA.
- Proposals will be accepted by invitation only based on a pre-application consultation held prior to the deadline.
APUF applications are accepted once per year.
The Access Programs University Fund (APUF) operates through a two-step application process:
- Consultation with the Access Strategy & Partnerships Office (ASPO) to discuss your proposal;
- Submission of a full application package.
To arrange an initiative proposal consultation meeting with ASPO, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “APUF Consultation” in the subject line of your email and preferred meeting date and time options for those who plan to attend.
The application process is conducted entirely online using the provided submissions forms. No hard copy or email submissions will be accepted.
*We request that you inform and discuss your proposed initiative with divisional leadership (e.g., Decanal, Principal, Chair, Director) and relevant access outreach and/or programming office(s) to ensure that they are aware of your plans to submit an application. Please consider how your proposed initiative aligns with other access programs and/or activities within your division to ensure alignment with strategic and operational access goals in advance of scheduling a meeting.
Please complete the following steps prior to completing the online application:
- Learn about Access Programs University Fund (APUF) priorities on the About APUF page.
- Download the APUF 2023 Application Guide & Proposal Template Form.
- Download the APUF 2023-24 Budget Form and APUF 2023-24 Budget Guideline.
- Arrange a pre-application consultation with the Access Strategy and Partnerships Office (ASPO) email@example.com by TBA.*
- Upon receipt of an invitation to proceed with your application, collect all required information and follow the link to complete the online application process.
- Submit your application by TBA.
The Access Programs University Fund (APUF) seeks to support divisional and university access goals, which are defined differently in different areas. Reflect on whether your initiative responds to goals related to access to postsecondary education in the short (0 – 2 years), medium (2-4 years) or long-term (5 years or more).
If this is your first time applying for APUF, we encourage you to reach out to previously funded APUF grantees where possible. You can find a searchable list of Previous APUF Recipients here.
Questions regarding the forms or the application process should be directed to the Access Strategy & Partnerships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.